Sunday, August 8, 2010

"Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief": The movie


"Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief": The movie. Normally, I don't review movies on this blog, but I got the chance to see this movie. It does not resemble the book at all. It is true the book was a bit light and resembled Harry Potter's books, but the film does not resemble the book by Rick Riordan at all. In fact if I was the author, I would never do business with the company that did this film ever. It was one lame movie. They should have stuck to the book.

No film can completely follow a book or even a short story although there has been some notable exceptions such as "Sophie's Choice" which won the screen writer an Oscar. The only thing this film did was kept the names of the characters although I did like the actors that played the three heroes, his mother, Gabe and Charon. It wasn't their fault that they were given a lousy script. I doubt if there will be any more Percy Jackson movies unless someone hires a better script writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment