Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Catch-up


When I was in Korea, I gave all of my books away to my ex-students. I was going to give them away to some English Teachers but they were members of a Christian Church that did not believe in reading books outside of their faith. So, I gave them to students that wanted to improve their skills and also taught English on occasion. All of the books that I had were classic books but were considered risque by some as they were by such writers as Balzac and Camus. Until I came home, I just re-read the short stories of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle on my reader.

Since then, I have returned to the United States and continue to read. I am reading Oliver Sacks, Carl Gustav Jung, and Joseph Campbell as well as some Beat Writers. Unfortunately, I left my Sony Reader in Los Angeles and some books that I was reading there too when I left. Luckily, I got out of Korea before the weather got so bad all over the world and before the rains really hit California. I am working on my own book of short stories.

I have learned to Tweet and am enjoying it very much. One reads a lot when there are tweets out there. I am now watching television but I am watching pretty much the same programs as I did before except more of PBS since I could not get everything. I watch Countdown, The Rachel Maddow Program and The Daily Show and The Stephen Colbert Show. Those were the ones I was watching in Korea. I also follow them by Tweets. Stephen Colbert is especially fun to follow. I do these blogs and have a Facebook account. I now buy the New York Times from time to time as well as follow their tweets. I watched my first Masterpiece since coming back and it was alright.

I have never not read, and I am hoping the books I was reading in LA will be coming in the mail soon from my son in Los Angeles.

Have fun reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment